What is IV Ozone Treatment Used For?
- Treatment of Bacterial, fungal and viral infections
- Anti-inflammatory effects
- Analgesic effects and modulation of pain response
- Detoxification effect on hepatic and renal tissues
- Increase in ATP synthesis by increasing the activation of mitochondria and the amount of oxygen dissolved in the bloodstream
- Optimization of pro and anti-oxidant processes in the body by balancing lipid peroxidation products
- Ozone in the blood causes a decrease in thrombocytic and coagulative values therefore making the blood less sticky
- Immunomodulating effects on autoimmune diseases
Here is a short list of some conditions that ozone has been used to treat:
- Auto-immune diseases (Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Multiple Sclerosis)
- Viral infections (influenza, herpes simplex, mononucleosis/Epstein Barr, pneumonia)
- Chronic infections (hepatitis, cystitis, Lyme disease, toxic mold)
- Allergies and Sinusitis
- Intestinal Diseases (pancreatitis, colitis, chronic infections, ulcers, leaky gut, Crohn’s, Ulcerative Colitis)
- Ear Infections
- Eye infections (macular degeneration, uveitis, iritis, kerititis)
- Dental Infections
- Arthritis and degenerative joint disease
- Chronic pain
- Cardiovascular Diseases
What are the Types of IV Ozone Treatments?
MAH (Major Autohemotherapy)
With this type of therapy blood approximately 200cc of blood is drawn from the patient and infused with Ozone. This ozonated blood is they past through an ultraviolet light and back into the patient.
Hyperbaric Ozone/ 10-Pass Ozone Treatment
The process for the 10-Pass Ozone Treatment is quite different than that used for the MAH.
Instead of manually withdrawing blood it is pulled out under pressure into a seal glass bottle where it is ozonated under pressure and then re-infused back into the patient. This process is repeated up to 10 times. Compared to MAH the 10-pass is a much stronger therapy.
Dialysis Ozone, (EBOO) Extracorporeal Blood Oxygenation and Ozonation, (RHP) Recirculatory Hemoperfusion
The is the most advanced and strongest ozone IV therapy. In this procedure blood is taken from one arm, passes through a dialysis membrane while exposed to ozone at the same time, then through a UVBI light before being returned to the opposite arm. Recent studies just published for review determined that dialysis ozone is 4 times the strength of a 10 pass and ozonates almost half of your bodies blood supply. People often ask if they will be getting a dialysis treatment and the answer is no.
While the name maybe a little confusing it comes from the fact that a dialysis membrane is used to pump ozone into the blood. The blood is not getting dialyzed but there is some filtration that occurs given the nature of the dialysis membrane and the very small tubules the blood has to pass through.
Many physicians believe patients with chronic infections suffer from debris in their blood that their own liver and kidneys are unable to clear such as endotoxins, particles of dead bacteria or viruses and cellular debris from tissue damage which maybe contributing to the chronicity of the condition. It is believed that dialysis ozone helps clear this debris thus making it the ultimate treatment combining all the benefits of ozone and UVBI with filtration.
There is a very noticeable difference between each of the blood lines. The outgoing blood is poor in oxygen and thus dark in color while the newly oxygen and ozone rich blood is very bright red in color.