More Than Just Warts
Warts are caused by exposure to wart-causing viruses in the human papillomavirus (HPV) family. These viruses invade the skin through a small scratch, cut, or other damage. It can take as long as 2-6 months following exposure before they begin to cause rapid growth of skin cells on the outer layer thus creating the warts. Warts are acquired by touching contaminated areas and spread by contact with the wart itself or something that has touched the wart.
Five year old Jackson’s mom brought him in primarily for warts on his hands, toes and face. But on questioning about any other problems he might have the mother revealed a litany of the following issues:
- Throwing fits when asked to do something.
- Fear of being alone. He could not even use the bathroom without someone present.
- Scared by airplanes flying overhead. They lived near the airport.
- Fear of the dark.
- Hitting himself when verbally disciplined.
- Critical of himself – will get angry if cannot draw within the lines and crumple the paper.
- He fights sleep – sometimes staying up 2 hours.
- Pica – chews rocks, chalk, crayon and paint.
- Hives from eggs, milk, soy, and all nuts.
- Lying continually.
Many people are aware of the usefulness of homeopathic Thuja for the treatment of warts. This remedy works anywhere from 30-40% of the time. However, Jackson’s warts were due to a deeper imbalance that affected his emotional health. Only by treating the whole body will the warts go away and stay away.
I started him on Nitric acidum LM 1 as this remedy covered all his symptoms both physical and emotional. On his one month follow up the first words out of Jackson’s mom’s mouth was “I’m very impressed”. The change was dramatic and occurred within days of starting the remedy. This is what she noticed:
- Two warts are gone and the others are diminishing.
- His tantrums have gone from two a day to where he has had only one a day and it is when he is hungry.
- “I tried eggs once and he had no hives.”
- “He is not hitting himself.”
- “Lying a little better – 20%.”
- “He will go to the bathroom by himself and the airplanes do not scare him.”
- “He sleeps great. I do not have to sleep with him anymore.”
- “He no longer is eating odd items.”
When treating homeopathically the emotional symptoms and superficial physical symptoms are usually the first to change. Deeper physical imbalances such as his allergies take longer. Jackson’s response to a single homeopathic remedy, Nitric acidum, restored balance to the whole person.
Terry Pfau DO, HMD