Our brain is the most complicated organ in our body. One look at these facts and it makes you wonder how much of a hand a supreme being had in its creation.
– There are over 100 billion neurons, and a trillion supporting cells.
– There are as many as 40,000 connections between cells
– There are more connections in our brain than stars in the universe
– The brain is 2% of body’s weight, yet it uses 20-30% of kcals
– a piece of brain tissue the size of a grain of sand contains 100,000 neurons and 1 billion synapses, all “talking” to one another.
The complexity of our brain is mind boggling. We need to treat it with respect and not abuse it with excessive alcohol, drugs, and unnecessary trauma.
Terry Pfau, DO, HMD