If you are experiencing anxiety, loss of sleep and fatigue then your body might not have enough of the “mother hormone” pregnenolone.
Pregnenolone is often referred to as the “master hormone” or “mother hormone” as it is used by the body to make estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA, and cortisol.
The following are functions pregnenolone performs in the body:
– Blocks the production of acid-forming compounds
– Enhances nerve transmission and memory
– Repairs nerve damage
– Improves energy both physically and mentally
– Improves sleep
– Helps the body deal with stress
– Modulates the anxiety reducing neurotransmitter GABA
– Helps with mood elevation
– Reduces pain and inflammation
Several weeks ago I had a man in his early 30’s that was experiencing a life time of low energy and motivation. Hormonal tests revealed not only low testosterone but also pregnenolone. It turned out he had a genetic anomaly that prevented his body from making pregnenolone. On supplementing this bio-identical hormone his energy and motivation returned to that of a normal person.
Pregnenolone, like many of our hormones, is made from cholesterol. Thus, it is important to not let your doctor lower your cholesterol to what pharmaceutical companies are advocating as a ‘healthy level’.
Terry Pfau DO, HMD