The Link Between Mold Toxicity and Hidden Infections Part 1 of 5
Exposure to mold and its metabolites, known as mycotoxins, significantly impacts health and disease states, and can also complicate occult (hidden) infections like Lyme disease and other tick-borne illnesses, Epstein Barr Virus, and parasitic infections. Patients suffering from toxic mold exposure can have these common symptoms: fatigue and weakness, headaches, light-sensitivity, poor memory, difficulty concentrating, morning stiffness and joint pain, unusual skin sensations, tingling, or numbness, shortness of breath, sinus congestion or a chronic cough, appetite swings, difficulty with body temperature regulation, increased thirst, increased urinary frequency, red eyes or blurred vision, abdominal pain or bloating, digestive issues, metallic taste in the mouth, static shocks, vertigo, sugar cravings, and frequent infections. Because patients ill with mold-related illnesses often have a generally well appearance and normal routine lab work, it is these unusual symptoms that will trigger me to consider testing for mycotoxins.
Terry Pfau DO, HMD